Our Phone Numbers
Our Email Addresses
JDI Backup Ltd (on behalf of ShieldSafe )
10 CORPORATE DRIVE
BURLINGTON, MA 01803
By purchasing ShieldSafe, you agree to our Terms & Conditions
Terms of Service
This is the ShieldSafe Website Terms of Service as related to the purchase of ShieldSafe products or services and applies to ShieldSafe.com. When using the Website and services (the "Website"), you agree to the terms and conditions listed on this page (the "Terms of Service"). If you do not agree to these Terms of Service then do not utilize the Website or Download any applications from the Website (ShieldSafe.com ).
By using ShieldSafe.com, you agree to be legally bound and to abide by these Terms of Service, as if you had signed this agreement. Failure to comply with these Terms of Service at any time could result in ShieldSafe terminating your access to the Website. ShieldSafe may discontinue or alter any aspect of the Website, including, but not limited to, (i) restricting the time the Website are available, (ii) restricting or terminating any user's right to use the Website, at ShieldSafe's sole discretion and without prior notice or liability, and (iii) restricting the amount of use permitted.
Payment and Services
Minor releases of the Software are free. Subsequent upgrades and software releases are provided through subscribing to the ShieldSafe software plan. All purchasers of ShieldSafe Software are automatically subscribed to the plan and the original credit/debit card will be charged automatically (or funds withdrawn via electronic transfer from a checking/bank account - depending on what payment method is being used). Subsequent payments are billed on or about the anniversary date for the appropriate year. The duration of the subscription plan shall be for 1 months period beginning from the date the Software was originally purchased. If the subscription is not cancelled, it will be automatically renewed for successive periods of One (1) Month, unless either party provides notice of its intention not to renew prior to the Plans renewal date. ShieldSafe may at any time (without prejudice to its other rights or remedies) terminate the Plan in whole or in part upon thirty (30) days prior written notice to the Purchaser or in the event of the breach of this Agreement by the Purchaser, unless the Purchaser remedies such breach within the fore mentioned thirty (30) day period.
In some cases ShieldSafe may extend a Payment Plan to its customers for software or services. Customers who elect Payment Plans are contractually obliged to make subsequent payments of the plan. Customers who have selected to use such a Payment Plan or who have selected to pay on a 1 month subscription and will make their first payment when software or services is originally purchased for $8.95. Subsequent payments will be automatically charged to the valid credit/debit card provided (or withdrawal of funds via electronic transfer from your checking/bank account - depending on what payment method you are using) unless other payment methods have been arranged with ShieldSafe staff, such as an alternate credit card. Subscriptions can be cancelled by contacting support@ShieldSafe.com at any time.
Plan renewal fees may increase or decrease at the discretion of ShieldSafe. Customers will be notified by email, to the email address on record that has previously been provided by the customer. This notification will be prior to the Plan renewal date and note the renewal amount.
Please note: charges on your bank statement will appear as ShieldSafe 8554076684.
You agree that ShieldSafe shall have the right to automatically and without notice renew your license to continue to Use the ShieldSafe Products or Services 15 days prior to expiration of your then-current license, and that as part of such renewal ShieldSafe shall have the right to charge the applicable renewal fees and any applicable taxes, which may be different than those you paid when you initially purchased or last renewed your license for ShieldSafe Products or Services to any credit card you used to purchase your then-current license. You agree that if you elect to not permit ShieldSafe the right to automatically renew your license to Use ShieldSafe Products or Services or your credit card information on file with ShieldSafe does not permit automatic renewal, then ShieldSafe may terminate your license if you do not otherwise renew your license.
We will notify you 10 days prior to this charge by email.
All biannual plans will be renewed on an annual basis at the end of the initial two-year period and will become annual plans.
Cancellation of Renewals
You may cancel a renewal of a license only on the following terms: You may not Use ShieldSafe Products or Services for any unlawful purpose. If your most recent original or renewal license of ShieldSafe Products or Services was for a period of greater than thirty (30) days, you have thirty (30) days from the date that your license was last renewed to elect to discontinue your Use of ShieldSafe Products or Services. If you elect to discontinue your Use of ShieldSafe Products or Services within this period, you will be issued a full refund for the amount of your license renewal. If your most recent original or renewal license of ShieldSafe Products or Services was for a period of greater than 30 days andless than 6 months, and you beyond your original or renewal 30 days of that period, you shall be entitled to a pro-rate refund. In addition all sales are final and not subject to a refund for the following products multiple computer extra, priority support, additional support, increased bandwidth and other additional products that may be offered from time to time by ShieldSafe. That do not fall within the initial package purchased by you. All extras concerned are one time purchases for the period you selected and the Priority Support service, will not be eligible for a refund. in addition all sales are final and not subject to a refund for the following products: Should you fail to pay amounts invoiced and due within fifteen (15) days of being invoiced, or should your payment be otherwise rejected or denied, then ShieldSafe may at its sole discretion begin collection proceedings to recover any and all amounts due. Should ShieldSafe elect to refer your past due obligations for collection proceedings you will also become responsible for any costs associated with said collections and shall pay ShieldSafe the greater of the then permissible interest rate on the past due balance or 1.5er month calculated and due on a monthly basis.
You are responsible for ensuring that ShieldSafe has current and accurate records necessary, to renew your license, including without limitation, credit card data.
By purchasing a license, you acknowledge that you are aware of the opportunity to "try before you buy" by using a free or evaluation ShieldSafe Product or Service. ShieldSafe offers a pro-rated 30-day money back guarantee for ShieldSafe Products or Services. By purchasing any service with a setup fee you acknowledge that the setup fee is non-refundable where 'setup fee' is indicated in the plan or plan name.
License to the site
ShieldSafe permits you to a non-transferable, non-exclusive and limited right to access, use and display the website and materials for your personal use only. This is under the condition that you wholly comply with these Terms of Services. You are not permitted to interfere with the operation of the website in any way through any means or device including, but not limited to; hacking, spamming, uploading computer viruses or time bombs, and any other means expressly prohibited by any provision of these Terms of Services.
Content and Materials
By visiting ShieldSafe.com you acknowledge that the Website contains information, software, sounds, images, photos, videos, text or other material (collectively, "Content") that are protected by copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets or other proprietary rights. All Content is copyrighted as a collective work under the U.S. copyright laws, and ShieldSafe owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such Content. The ShieldSafe name and logo are trademarks of JDI Backup Ltd. All other trademarks appearing on the Website are trademarks of their respective owners. In addition ShieldSafe's partners may have additional proprietary rights in the content that they make available through the Website. You may not publish, transmit, modify, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit any of the Content in whole or in part. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose, including use of any such material on any other website or networked computer environment is strictly prohibited. In the software is downloaded the software provided by ShieldSafe, the software, including any files, images incorporated in or generated by the software, and data accompanying the software (collectively, the "Software") are licensed to you by ShieldSafe pursuant to a license agreement (EULA) governing the Software. ShieldSafe does not transfer title of the Software to you. You may not decompile, disassemble, redistribute, reverse engineer, sell or otherwise reduce the Software to a human-readable form.
In some instances ShieldSafe may make available to users certain software that may be downloaded from this website. In the event you download this software, the software, including any files, images and data accompanying the software (collectively, the "Software") are licensed to you by ShieldSafe. ShieldSafe does not transfer title of the Software to you. You own the medium on which the Software is recorded, but ShieldSafe retains full and complete title of the Software, and all intellectual property rights therein. You may not disassemble, redistribute, decompile, sell, reverse engineer or otherwise reduce the Software to a human-readable form.
Communication and Submissions
If you submit content suggestions to our website or send us creative or technology suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, or other information (collectively, the "Submissions"), such Submissions or Communication shall be deemed and shall remain the property of ShieldSafe. No Submissions shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of ShieldSafe and ShieldSafe shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submissions. Without limitation of the foregoing, ShieldSafe shall exclusively own all rights to the Submissions and will have unrestricted use of the submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to the provider of the Submissions.
Disclaimers of Warranties
The website is provided 'as is' and you accept that you use it at your sole risk. ShieldSafe expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement of proprietary rights. ShieldSafe and the protected parties make no warranty that the website or any software distributed from there will meet your requirements/expectations or that it will be error free, uninterrupted, timely or secure. In addition, ShieldSafe and protected parties make no warranty that the results obtained from the use of the website will be reliable or accurate, or that the quality of any products, information, services or material obtained through the website will meet your requirements/expectations.
Any material downloaded or obtained through the use of the website is done so entirely at your sole risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer, system or any loss of data that results from any such material. ShieldSafe and the protected parties make no guarantees as to the website and information located worldwide throughout the internet which you may access as a result of the use of the software, including the accuracy, quality, content, currency of any such sites and information. ShieldSafe cannot guarantee that you will not find and objectionable content whilst using the Website.
Please note that no advice or information obtained by you from ShieldSafe personnel via phone, email or through the website shall create any warranty not provided for in this Terms of Service.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties. In such jurisdictions, the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you insofar as they relate to implied warranties.
Limitation of Liability
You fully understand and agree that ShieldSafe and protected parties (parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees agents and assigns) shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the protected parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the website; (ii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iii) statements or conduct of any third party on the website; or (iv) any other issue relating to the website. Under no circumstances shall ShieldSafe and the protected parties' total cumulative liability to you exceed the amount paid by you to ShieldSafe for products or services.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations may not apply to you.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless ShieldSafe and the protected parties from all third party claims, liability, damages and/or costs including attorneys/lawyer/solicitors fees arising from your use of the website, product, services or any violation of these Terms of Service or infringement of any intellectual property by you or another user of your account. You agree to immediately notify ShieldSafe of any unauthorized use of your account or security breach known to you.
Modification and Termination
You agree that ShieldSafe, at its sole discretion may terminate your account (in part or whole) or use of the Website, and remove and discard any Content within the Website, for any reason, including but not limited to lack of use or if ShieldSafe believes that you have violated or breached these Terms of Service. Furthermore, you agree that ShieldSafe shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Website. We reserve the right to alter these Terms of Service at any time. Please periodically check for changes to these Terms of Service. Your continued use of ShieldSafe following the posting of changes to these Terms of Service will mean you accept any/all changes.
You understand and agree that under no circumstances may you copy, resell, manipulate, reproduce or exploit any part of the website, software or service for any commercial purpose.
ShieldSafe offers a thirty (30) day money back guarantee if you are for any reason not satisfied with the purchase you have made from ShieldSafe . No refunds are available after the thirty (30) day period, contact support@ShieldSafe.com
You can contact ShieldSafe about any problems or questions with the Website, product or service at support@ShieldSafe.com.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. These terms and conditions and any modifications hereto constitute the entire agreement between the parties with regard to the subject matter hereof and supersede all prior understandings and agreements, whether written or oral, as to such subject matter (except for fraudulent misrepresentations). You agree that ShieldSafe has the right to assign or sub-contract any or all of its obligations under these terms and conditions. You shall not, without ShieldSafe's prior written consent, assign these terms and conditions.
The software includes ClamAV, licensed under the GPL v2. Our software is also licensed under the GPL v2. To receive a copy of the source code, please send a $5.71 check and a return label packet for a CD to ATTN – Shieldsafe.com, Endurance International Group, 10 Corporate Drive, Suite 300, Burlington, MA 01803. We will mail a CD with the copy of the sources code within 10-14 business days to the address on the return label.
Effective Date: December, 2012
Copyright 2016 JDI Backup Ltd, All Rights Reserved.
This policy sets out ShieldSafe Limited's and its privacy practices in connection with all of the products, services and websites offered by ShieldSafe (collectively, "services").
If you have any questions about this policy, are concerned about how personal data is processed by ShieldSafe , or if you wish to receive a copy of any personal data which you may have supplied to ShieldSafe , please feel free to contact us at support@ShieldSafe.com
ShieldSafe respects your right to privacy and will not collect any personal information about you without your prior consent. Any personal information volunteered to ShieldSafe will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Acts, 1988 & 2003.
ShieldSafe is vigilant about protecting privacy and personal data. This statement describes the following: What information we collect from website visitors, how ShieldSafe uses the information we collect, how and with whom the information is shared, how you can opt-in or out of information collection and use of the information and our policy on correcting and updating personal information.
Information we collect
ShieldSafe collects information such as your name, email address, zip/postal code, credit/debit card information and other personal information to contact you, verify your identity, and confirm receipt of your purchase(s).ShieldSafe does not collect information such as your email passwords, or license number.
If you do not wish to have your credit/debit card number stored, please contact Customer Support; support@ShieldSafe.com We use "cookies" to gather certain types of information whenever your Web browser accesses ShieldSafe.com. More information about ShieldSafe use of "cookies" is discussed below. ShieldSafe.com also automatically receives and records information provided by you on our server logs including information obtained from your browser, including your IP address and the page(s) you request.
Your Account Information is password-protected. In certain areas,ShieldSafe.com uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions of your Account Information to verify your purchase(s). If we are asked by court order to provide Account Information on a specific user we may do so.
Use of Data
ShieldSafe.com uses your information to complete your product transaction and to provide you with excellent customer service and assistance. We do not store or distribute any of your financial information and or including Bank transfer or credit/debit card data. Specifically, we use your information to help you complete a transaction, including fulfillment of orders and promotional offers, to communicate back to you, to update you on service and benefits, to manage and renew your subscription(s) and to resolve customer issues with our products and services. Credit/debit card numbers are used only for payment processing and fraud protection.
The email address you provide when you register as a customer or make a purchase from ShieldSafe.com may be used to occasionally send you emails with recommendations or notices of new products, prices or services. You can opt out by contacting support at any time at support@ShieldSafe.com.
Occasionally, we send notifications via email to keep you informed about the status of your orders or accounts and to provide updates/technical notices. These messages are essential to the maintenance of your subscription and the functionality of our services. There is no opt-out available for service notifications and these messages cannot be blocked.
We respect your privacy and do not tolerate spam and will never sell, rent, lease or give away your information (name, address, email, etc.) to any third party.
Retention of Information
ShieldSafe.com will keep personal information of its customers for as long as they are registered subscribers or users of our products, and for a reasonable period of time thereafter.
ShieldSafe.com uses software called "cookies" to identify customers when they visit our site. Cookies remember user preferences and allow us to tailor our services to the customerÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s needs. Furthermore, cookies help us identify returning users to ShieldSafe.com so that we do not have to ask them to enter their email and password with every visit. ShieldSafe.com cannot provide subscription services to customers who do not give their consent to data processing carried out via cookies or whose browsers reject cookies.
From time to time ShieldSafe.com may contain links to other websites that are not owned or operated by ShieldSafe.com. As a result, ShieldSafe.com does not accept liability for the misuse of any information by any website to which we may a link to. Please take the time to read the privacy policies of these linked sites, as they may differ from ours.
ShieldSafe.com collects user feedback, and from this feedback we derive user testimonials that appear on the site. The testimonials are only used after we have informed and obtained permission from the sender of the testimonial.
Information gathered on ShieldSafe.com is stored and maintained in secure facilities, accessed by authorized personnel only. The ShieldSafe.com website is regularly tested for security breaches to ensure that all information collected is secure from unauthorized viewing. Personal information on our customers is protected in transit via HTTPS and SSL security encryptions. Credit/Debit card information has multiple layers of security, including encryption in storage and SSL in transit.
Notification of Changes
ShieldSafe.com is compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act (Public Law 108-187) and is committed to following and supporting all aspects of this law.
ShieldSafe.com reserves the right to disclose your personal information if required by law or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a court order, judicial proceeding, or legal process served on our website.
Copyright 2016 JDI Backup Ltd, All Rights Reserved.
ShieldSafe EULA - End User Licence Agreement
The Product is protected by copyright laws as well as other intellectual property laws. The Product is licensed and not sold.
- GRANT OF LICENSE. JDI Backup Ltd grants You a non-exclusive, nontransferable license to install and use the Product subject to all the terms and conditions set forth here within.
- Single-Use Perpetual License. You may permit a single authorized end user to install the Product on a single computer for use by that end user only. Remote access is not permitted without the express written consent of JDI Backup Ltd.
- Single-Use Term License. Same usage terms as the Single-Use Perpetual License except that the term of the license is limited to a fixed duration upon expiration of which the Product must be de-installed from the computer unless the license is renewed for an additional period of time.
- You may ask ShieldSafe for permission to have business or reseller use and distribution of ShieldSafe software and control panel. You may get written permission after emailing BRAND_SUPPORT_EMAIL_PRETTY
- ADDITIONAL LIMITATIONS. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Product, except and only to the extent that it is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation. You may not rent, lease, lend or transfer the Product, or host the Product for third parties. The Product is licensed as a single integral product; its component parts may not be separated for use on more than one computer. The Product may include copy protection technology to prevent the unauthorized copying of the Product or may require original media for use of the Product on the computer. It is illegal to make unauthorized copies of the Product or to circumvent any copy protection technology included in the Product. The software may not be resold either by You or a third party customer without the prior written permission of JDI Backup Ltd. All rights not expressly granted to You are retained by JDI Backup Ltd.
- Third Party Software. The Product may contain third party software that JDI Backup Ltd can grant sublicense to use and which is also protected by copyright law and other applicable laws.
- SUPPORT AND MAINTENANCE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- Term of Maintenance. JDI Backup Ltd agrees to provide Maintenance (as defined herein) to You pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein provided that You pay the Maintenance Fee for each Product for which Maintenance is desired and as further described in Section 3.4 below. Maintenance will be provided for a period of one year, unless otherwise agreed to by the parties in writing, from the date of purchase of the Product (the "Initial Support and Maintenance Term"), and with renewals, annually from the expiration date of the prior Support and Maintenance Term. Failure to renew annual maintenance may result in You having to purchase a new license in order to receive future versions of software and associated ongoing support and maintenance.
- Maintenance Services. In exchange for the Maintenance Fee, JDI Backup Ltd agrees to provide to You during the term of this Agreement support and maintenance (collectively "Maintenance") as follows:
- Support: JDI Backup Ltd will provide email and telephone support to You for current versions of the Product. JDI Backup Ltd will investigate all of Your questions and problems promptly. You agree to provide adequate information to JDI Backup Ltd to assist in the investigation and to confirm that any problems have been resolved. JDI Backup Ltd does not provide guaranteed response time but will make good faith effort to answer emails and voice mails within twenty-four (24) hours or less during weekdays, excluding holidays.
- Maintenance: JDI Backup Ltd will supply to You, at no additional charge, any improvements, upgrades, or modifications to the Product that JDI Backup Ltd makes generally available. Any such improvements, upgrades, or modifications shall become part of the Product for all purposes of this Agreement.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Maintenance to be provided by JDI Backup Ltd hereunder is limited to the most current version of the Product and the immediately preceding version.
- Exclusions. JDI Backup Ltd' obligation to provide Support is contingent upon proper use of the Product and full compliance with this Agreement. Moreover, JDI Backup Ltd shall be under no obligation to provide Support should such services be required due to (a) failure to operate the Product within the systems requirements provided for the Product (b) any modification or attempted modification of the Product by You or any third party or (C) Your failure or refusal to implement Product changes recommended by JDI Backup Ltd.
- Consideration. In payment of the Maintenance services to be provided by JDI Backup Ltd hereunder, You shall pay JDI Backup Ltd, or its authorized agent, the applicable fee for the Initial Support and Maintenance Term as indicated on the related invoice, receipt, purchase order, or other ordering document ("Maintenance Fee"). At the end of the Initial Support and Maintenance Term, or any subsequent Support and Maintenance Term, You may renew participation in Maintenance services for additional annual term(s) provided You (a) are current on all payments due to JDI Backup Ltd and (b) pay JDI Backup Ltd, or its authorized agent, the applicable renewal fee, which JDI Backup Ltd, or its authorized agent, shall invoice prior to the end of the preceding term, unless terminated by You at least 30 days prior to the expiration of the then current Support and Maintenance Term. The Maintenance Fee for renewal shall be equal to the Maintenance Fee for the immediate preceding annual term plus an increase by a percentage not to exceed the Consumer Price Index (CPI), as published by the U.S. Department of Labor. In addition, Maintenance shall be discontinued for any and all subsequent Support and Maintenance Terms for which You fail to pay JDI Backup Ltd the invoice within ten (10) days after the prior Maintenance expiration date.
- Exceptions. For use of the free ShieldSafe software trial only the Maintenance Services and Exclusions paragraphs of this section apply.
- PAYMENT TERMS. Unless explicitly set forth in this Agreement, all fees and other amounts due under this Agreement are non-cancellable and non-refundable. Unless otherwise agreed to by the parties, You shall pay all fees or amounts within 30 days of the date of the invoice. A late fee shall be charged on any overdue amounts and any other fees and expenses not paid as provided under this Agreement at the rate of one and one-half percent (1½) per month, or the highest rate allowable under applicable law, whichever is less, commencing with the date payment was due.
- TAXES. The fees and all other amounts due as set forth in this Agreement are net amounts to be received by JDI Backup Ltd, exclusive of all taxes, duties, and assessments, including without limitation all sales, withholding, VAT, excise, ad valorem, and use taxes (collectively, the "Taxes"), and are not subject to offset or reduction because of any Taxes incurred by You or otherwise due as a result of this Agreement. You shall be responsible for and shall pay directly, any and all Taxes relating to the performance of this Agreement, provided that this paragraph shall not apply to taxes based solely on JDI Backup Ltd' income.
- CONSENT TO USE OF DATA. If JDI Backup Ltd provides any support services to You, You agree that JDI Backup Ltd and its affiliates may collect and use all information You provide as a part of any such support services related to the Product. JDI Backup Ltd agrees not to use this information in a form that personally identifies You.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. Subject to the license grant hereunder, all right, title and interest in and to the Product, the accompanying printed materials, and any copies of the Product are owned by JDI Backup Ltd and its licensors.
- EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. You acknowledge that Product is of UK. origin. You agree to comply with all applicable UK, foreign, and local laws and regulations governing Your use of the Product.
- Warranty. JDI Backup Ltd warrants that for a period of 90 days from the date of delivery ("Warranty Period"), under normal use, the Product will perform substantially in conformance with the specifications published in the Documentation. During such period, and as the sole obligation of JDI Backup Ltd and Your sole remedy under the warranty in this Section, if You provide written notice of JDI Backup Ltd's failure to comply with the above warranty, JDI Backup Ltd will use reasonable commercial efforts to correct such nonconformity in the Product as in accordance with the terms of the Maintenance and Support Policy. In addition, if JDI Backup Ltd determines it is not commercially reasonable to correct the nonconformity, JDI Backup Ltd may elect to terminate the license to such Product, upon which termination Licensee will promptly return to JDI Backup Ltd all such copies of such Product. Upon receipt of the Product from Licensee, JDI Backup Ltd will return to Licensee all license fees (and any unused support fees) paid to JDI Backup Ltd by You for such Product. This warranty set forth above does not apply to, and JDI Backup Ltd shall have no obligation with respect to, any non-conformity arising as a result of (i) use of the Product other than as specified under this Agreement and the related Documentation; (ii) any modification or alteration of the Product performed other than by JDI Backup Ltd or its agents, or (iii) transfer of the Product to any computer system other than the ones on which Product is authorized to be stalled, except as permitted in this Agreement.
- Disclaimer. Other than the warranty set forth in Section 9.1 above, and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, JDI Backup Ltd, its authorized resellers and their subsidiaries provides the Product and any support services related to the Product ("Support Services") AS IS AND WITH ALL FAULTS, and hereby disclaim all other warranties and conditions, either express, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties, duties or conditions of merchantability, of fitness for a particular purpose, of accuracy or completeness of responses, of results, of workmanlike effort, of lack of viruses, and of lack of negligence, all with regard to the Product, and the provision of or failure to provide support services.
- LIMIT OF LIABILITY AND EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND CERTAIN OTHER DAMAGES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL JDI Backup Ltd, ITS AUTHORIZED RESELLERS OR THEIR SUBSIDIARIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR CONFIDENTIAL OR OTHER INFORMATION, FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, FOR PERSONAL INJURY, FOR LOSS OF PRIVACY, FOR FAILURE TO MEET ANY DUTY INCLUDING OF GOOD FAITH OR OF REASONABLE CARE, FOR NEGLIGENCE, AND FOR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY OR OTHER LOSS WHATSOEVER) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT, THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUPPORT SERVICES, OR OTHERWISE UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PROVISION OF THIS LICENSE, EVEN IN THE EVENT OF THE FAULT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF WARRANTY OF JDI Backup Ltd, EVEN IF JDI Backup Ltd HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND REMEDIES. Notwithstanding any damages that You might incur for any reason whatsoever (including, without limitation, all damages referenced above and all direct or general damages), the entire liability of JDI Backup Ltd, its resellers and their subsidiaries under any provision of this License and Your exclusive remedy for all of the foregoing shall be limited to the amount actually paid by You for the Product. The foregoing limitations, exclusions and disclaimers shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, even if any remedy fails its essential purpose.
- NOTICE TO U.S. GOVERNMENT END USERS
- For contracts with agencies of the Department of Defense, the Government's rights in: (1) commercial computer software and commercial computer software documentation shall be governed, pursuant to 48 C.F.R. 227.7201 through 227.7202-4, by JDI Backup Ltd' standard commercial license(s) for the respective product(s); (2) software and software documentation other than commercial computer software and commercial computer software documentation shall be governed by 48 C.F.R. 252.227-7014; (3) technical data for commercial items other than software or software documentation shall be governed by 48 C.F.R. 252.227-7015(b); and (4) technical data for non-commercial items other than software or software documentation shall be governed by 48 C.F.R. 252.227-7013.
- For contracts with U.S. Government agencies other than the Department of Defense agencies, the Government's rights in: (1) commercial computer software and commercial computer software documentation shall be governed, pursuant to 48 C.F.R. 2.101 and 12.212, by JDI Backup Ltd' standard commercial license(s) for the respective product(s); (2) software and software documentation other than commercial computer software and commercial computer software documentation shall be governed by 48 C.F.R. 52.227-14, Alternative III; and (3) technical data other than software and software documentation shall be governed by 48 C.F.R. 52.227-14 including, where applicable Alternatives I or II.
- GENERAL. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California excluding that body of laws known as conflicts of law. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply. Any legal action or proceeding arising under this Agreement will be brought exclusively in the federal or state courts located in San Jose, California and the parties hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction and venue therein. You may not assign this Agreement or any right or interest hereunder, by operation of law or otherwise, without JDI Backup Ltd' express prior written consent. Any attempt to assign this Agreement, without such consent, will be null and of no effect. Subject to the foregoing, this Agreement will bind and inure to the benefit of each party's successors and permitted assigns. Except as expressly set forth in this Agreement, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under this Agreement will be without prejudice to its other remedies under this Agreement or otherwise. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of this Agreement invalid or unenforceable, that provision of the Agreement will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect. All notices or approvals required or permitted under this Agreement will be in writing and delivered by confirmed facsimile transmission, by overnight delivery services, or by certified mail, and in each instance will be deemed given upon receipt. All notices or approvals will be sent to the addresses set forth in the applicable ordering document or invoice or to such other address as may be specified by either party to the other in accordance with this Section. Neither party will be responsible for any failure or delay in its performance under this Agreement (except for any payment obligations) due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, labor disputes, strikes, lockouts, shortages of or inability to obtain labor, energy or supplies, war, terrorism, riot, or acts of God. The failure by either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that or any other provision. This Agreement, including JDI Backup Ltd' support and maintenance services terms constitutes the entire and exclusive agreement between the parties concerning its subject matter and supersedes all prior written and oral understandings and agreements between the parties regarding its subject matter. The terms and conditions contained in any customer purchase order or other ordering document that are inconsistent with or in addition to the terms and conditions of this Agreement are hereby rejected by JDI Backup Ltd and will be deemed null and of no effect.
- COMPLIANCE WITH LICENSES. If You are a business, company or organization, You agree that upon request from JDI Backup Ltd or its authorized representative You will within thirty (30) days fully document and certify that use of any and all JDI Backup Ltd Products at the time of the request is in conformity with Your valid licenses from JDI Backup Ltd.
- Should You have any questions concerning this License, or if You desire to contact JDI Backup Ltd for any reason, please email BRAND_SUPPORT_EMAIL_PRETTY
Contact Billing Support
If you believe there has been an Unauthorised Charge on your account, please call our billing team
If you prefer, send us a message with the details of your transaction and we will investigate biling@ShieldSafe.com
Managing your auto-renewing subscription to ShieldSafe
We’ll no longer be supporting Shieldsafe as of December 31, 2016. As an existing customer your services will continue to be available until the expiration of your current subscription. Your services will not automatically renew following the end of your current term.
I don't recall signing up for ShieldSafe, how do I get this money back?
Not a problem, we can investigate how the charge occurred, refund it and ensure any subscriptions are cancelled.
Copyright 2016 JDI Backup Ltd, All Rights Reserved.